Versailles Palace Tickets
Versailles Palace Tickets / Chateau de Versailles; Entry fee; entrance fee to the palace is 19.5 €, palace + garden ticket is 28.5 € (2023). If you want to enter without waiting in ticket line (sometimes it takes up to 1 hour), you can buy the palace + garden ticket here for the same price. How to get there / Transportation + ticket; Versailles is 20 km from the center of Paris, you can go by train or buy a combo ticket including transportation, fast entry and audio guide here.
Palace of Versailles; entry tickets, opening hours, how to get there
Versailles Palace which is located in the city of Versailles is the most fascinating and important royal palace in France. The city of Versailles is a small residential area with a population of 86,000 in the Ile de France region. The distance from Paris to Versailles is around 20 km’s and located in the south west.
The history of Versailles dates back to 11th century. Versailles was a small village when the Palace of Versailles was built, but today it is a small but a quite rich city. Versailles was the center of the political power of the French Kingdom from 1482, when Lui XIV carried the royal court from Paris, until 1789, when the royal family was forced to return (three months before the French Revolution). For this reason, Versailles is very important for the history of France and the world, not only as a structure but also as a symbol of the absolute monarch of the old regime (Ancien Régime in French).
Tour and ticket price for Versailles
The ticket prices varies from 19,5 € to 55 € for 1 or 2 days including palace and garden and with audio guide. But if you buy the tickets online you may pay some supplement and this will help you to enter fast. The standard price is 18 € including the palace and garden + audio guide. And if you prefer to join in an organized tour including transportation the price will be around 100 € per person.
The Palace is open every day except Mondays and 25.12.
- High season; 09:00-18:30, closed on Monday (garden; 08:00-20:30)
- Low season; 09;00 – 16:30, closed on Monday (garden; 08:00-18:00)
- Transportation, fast entry ticket + audio guide
How to get to Versaille Palace from Paris?
- By Bus; you can reach to Palace of Versailles with Versailles Express shuttle bus from Eiffel Tower in the city of Paris. There are two services a day between Tuesday and Sunday; departure 08:00 & returning 12:30 and departure 14:00 / returning 18:00. The departure point near the Eiffel Tower is Port de la Bourdannais (the place where the riverboats are). The round-trip transfer price is € 29.
- By Train (with RER C); it is recommended to buy your tickets as return for Versaille Chateau Rive Gauche. Or you may buy a “pass ticket” covering the “zones 1-4”. On these trains ” T +” tickets are not valid.
- By Train (with SNFC); you need to take the train in Montparnasse and get off in Versailles Chantiers or take the train in Saint Lazare Station and get off in the Station Versailles Rive Droite.
- transportation, fast entry ticket + audio guide
For up-to-date information on train services refer to; www.transilien.com
- Official website of trains in Paris
- Versailles Palace Tickets