Louvre Museum Tickets
Louvre Museum Tickets (click to see the prices to enter fast); Address; 75058 Paris (1er Arrondissement). Phone; +33 (0) 140 20 53 17. Opening hours; open everyday except tuesdays from 09:00 to 18:00. Closed on 01.01, 01.05, 25.12. Wednesday and Fridays evenings open till 21:45 (suspended during pandemi). Public Transportation; Metro Lines 1 & 7, Palais-Royal Musee du Louvre Station. Public Bus; bus numbers 21, 24, 27, 39, 48, 68, 69, 72, 81, 95. By Batobus boat; François Mitterand Bay. Admission fee; starts from 17 € as of 2022.
You are likely to encounter a long line at the ticket office of the Louvre Museum. A second shorter row will also be during the security check. If you have not bought your ticket, you can buy it from the links below and enter without waiting in the long ticket lines;
- Louvre Museum timed entrance ticket
- Louvre Museum tour with small group
- Timed entrance ticket with audioguide
- Timed entry ticket with audioguide + Seine cruise
- Palace of Versailles tickets and tours
- Giverny tours from Paris
- Normandy tours from Paris
Ticket price for Louvre Museum
Ticket price to enter the Louvre Museum is 17 Euros for the year 2022. This price is the sales price at the ticket office of the museum and audio guide is not included in this price. Generally there is a small supplement for the tickets selling online.
How to get to Louvre Museum; nearest metro and bus station
- With subway; take the L1 or L7 Metro line and get off at the Palais Royal Musee Du Louvre station.
- By public bus and “hop on hop off” buses; “Hop On Hop Off” buses and public bus lines 21, 24, 27, 39, 48, 68, 69, 72, 81 and 95 stop near the Glass Pyramid at the entrance of the Louvre Museum.
- By boat, from the river by Batobus; get off at the Louvre pier at François Mitterrand Bay.
Opening days and hours
Louvre Museum is open daily from 09:00 to 18:00 except tuesdays. (closed on tuesdays). It is open until 21:45 on Wednesday and Friday evenings, but this application has been suspended during the pandemic (check the actual closure hours if you want to visit at late hours). Museum will be closed on the days 01.01, 01.05 and 25.12.
General information for Louvre Museum
With around ten million visitors each year, Louvre Museum (Musée du Louvre) is the most visited museum in the world. In the museum 460.000 valuable artifacts and historical objects are exhibited in a total area of 60.600 square meters which had been collected from France and almost all parts of the world. Louvre Museum is established in the Palace of Louvre (Palais du Louvre). This huge palace was initially built as a fortress during the King Philip II in the 12th century. Inside the basement of the palace you can still see the remaining walls of this castle.
The Louvre Museum was inaugurated in 1793, exhibiting 537 paintings belonging to the church and royal family. During Napoleonic period the number of paintings and artifacts increased and the name of the museum was changed to Napoleon Museum (Musee Napoleon). During the rule of Louis XVIII and Charles X the collection reached to 200.000 pieces. And during the Third Republican era the collection reached to 400.000 pieces by inheritance and donations.
- Louvre Museum tickets
- Entrance fee and ticket prices for Louvre Museum
- Opening days and hours for Louvre Museum
- Official website for metro Paris