Vatican and Colosseum Tickets
Vatican and Colosseum Tickets; The Vatican Museums and the Colosseum are the most visited museums in Rome and Italy. So it is quite difficult to enter these museums. In every period of the year, you have to wait in quite long ticket lines before entering in. This waiting time may take hours for Vatican museums and it is not less than 1 hour for Colosseum. You can buy your online ticket here not to wait in long ticket line or you may join in a low cost guided tour.
Vatican Museum Opening – Closing Hours & Days
Monday to Saturday; 09.00 – 18.00 (the last entry time is 16:00)
Free entry; the last Sunday of each month (providing that it does not coincide with Easter and the dates “29.06, 25.12, 26.12” ) from 09.00 to 14.00 (the last entry; 12.30).
Colosseum Opening – Closing Hours & Days
Colosseum is open in every weekday in the hours below:
• 08.30 – 16.30: from the last Sunday of October to February
• 08.30 to 17.00: from February 16th to March 15th
• 08.30 to 17.30: from March 16th to the last Saturday of March.
• 08.30 to 19.15: from the last Sunday of March to August 31st.
• 08.30 to 19.00: between September 1st-30th
• 08.30 to 18.30: from the first Saturday of October to the first Saturday of October.
The last entry is 1 hour before the closing time.
Vatican and Colosseum Ticket Prices
Below are the prices for “skip the line” visits;
- Colosseum + Roman Forum + Palatine Hill; 20 €
- Vatican Museum + Sistine Chapel “Fast Track” Entry; 28 €
- Vatican Museum + Sistine Chapel + St. Peter’s Cathedral Guided Entry; 41.90 €
- Colosseum + Vatican “Skip The Line” Ticket, 85 €
How to go to Vatican?
- By metro; You have to get on the Red Line A and get off Ottaviano St. Peter or Cipro Musei Vaticani station and walk for 10 minutes. The Vatican Museum is at same distance from both stations.
- By public bus; 49 (you can get off at the museum entrance), 32, 81, 982 (you should get off at Piazza del Risorgimento and walk for 5 minutes), 492, 990 (You should get off at Via Leone IV / Via degli Scipioni and walk for 5 minutes).
- By tram; the tramway no:19 pulls away by the “Popolo Square” and you will get off at Piazza del Risorgimento. The Vatican Museum is within the walking distance of 5 minutes from there.
How to go to Colosseum?
Address & how to go; Piazza del Colosseo. (Colosseum is at a distance of 800 meters from Piazza Venezia (Piazza Venezia is at the beginning of Via del Corso) and you may walk for 10 minutes from there. The closest subway station to Colosseum is “Colosseum” (Line B / Blue Line).